Please see our How to Get to Grenada page by clicking here.
Passports and Visas
All persons traveling should be in possession of a valid passport. Passports should be valid for at least 6 months after the return date. No visas are required by British passport holders for any of our Caribbean destinations. SPECIAL NOTE TO ALL NON-EU CITIZENS: Please check current entry requirements for your nation of citizenship. Click here to check Grenada’s visa requirements.
Do I Need Insurance?
Yes. Please check that your personal travel insurance covers you for the sailing holiday/course that you have booked. TopSail Insurance is underwritten by Lloyd’s of London, they provide you with peace of mind and security when you need it most. Includes offshore sailing, working at sea, racing and event fees. Annual policies include non-marine related trips abroad as well.
What should I bring with me?
If you are booked on an RYA practical training course then you will be advised to bring two (2) passport photos of a standard size with you (excludes Competent Crew students).
- Pack clothing that is multipurpose and easily washed. Less luggage equals less burden and clutter in you cabin. Soft duffel type luggage eases storage aboard both the yacht and the airplane. Please note that all your luggage will be stowed in your cabin, so hard luggage will be a decidedly uncomfortable addition.
- Bluewater learn to sail vacations are leisurely and rarely require anything more than casual attire for sailing and shore-based activities.
- Non-skid white rubber-soled shoes, no high heels or black soled shoes. Sun screen products (not spray variety) and insect repellent are a must.
- Pack an adequate supply of all prescription medication. If you prone to seasickness, bring the medication that is appropriate for you.
- Several bathing suits/board shorts.
- Waterproof jacket (these can be supplied on board).
- Basic toiletries and towels.
- Entertainment – feel free to bring your music on CDs or an mp3 player. Books or magazines are good for those chill out moments. Musical instruments welcome.
- An under water camera for capturing the amazing marine life and scenery!
- Personal incidentals.
- 12v car charger for your phone. We have a 12v charger for iPods and run a generator for laptops and cameras. There is limited wifi throughout the islands.
What is included on RYA Sailing Charters?
- Full crew and tuition (as booked).
- All bedding is provided (not towels).
- Please see the Cuisine page for meal options – soft drinks are included.
- Chao Lay complies with all RYA and MCA safety requirements and equipment – includes lifejackets and harnesses on board.
- Waterproof jackets are available if needed.
- Snorkeling equipment – mask, snorkels and fins (varied sizes).
- Marina fees and diesel.
- Transportation between the airport and the marina is NOT included in your fee unless otherwise specified.
- Flights are NOT included, however, we can assist you with any questions or information about flights to Grenada.
- Meals in restaurants and alcohol are NOT included.
What Time & Where Do We Meet?
Our yacht, Chao Lay, is berthed at Grenada Yacht Club in St. George’s. You will receive personal instructions on where to meet the yacht when booking. We can arrange a transfer from the airport for you if required.
If you are joining us from another island then we will email you with specific details of our collection points.
Start time is 08:30am on the first day of your booking. On the last day, we are normally back at the dock around 16:00pm.
You are welcome to join the yacht after 18:00pm on the evening prior to your booking start date.
What Is The Average Price of…
A bottle of beer is approximately XCD5
A bottle of house wine is approximately XCD25
A bottle of water is approximately XCD4
A carton of UHT milk is approximately XCD5
A main course meal ranges between XCD25-60
A pizza is approximately XCD40